Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Into my cave I go...

I have spent the majority of the last two days in my basement. Reading, writing, organizing, planning. If it had to do with planning anything for a business I did it. Why you ask would I take this time to hide from the rest of the world and work on such great summer days.

Planning needs to be done. Planning needs to be revisited after it's done. Planning is essential to the success of my business. Planning needs to be done repeatedly.

The way I figure it July 1 kicks off the sprint to the end of the year for me. There are a certain number of things that I know I need to get done this year and I needed to make sure that the plan I started with in January kept me on track for the sprint for the end of the year. Call this my mid year check up.

Of course as things always go, I needed to make some changes and adjustments to the plan I started out with. It is much better for me to do this now, rather than later. I can't make these changes on the fly so to speak. That would not be good for my business.

I have a series of workshops I am getting ready for, outlines for articles I want to publish and I want to start a series of coaching clubs for my business. I needed to take time and in the seclusion of my basement get this all figured out.

Was this mid-year planning session successful you might ask. Well I will tell you this, I need more days in the basement for planning - I could use at least one more day this week. But you can't bury yourself in planning either. There has to be a balance. As far as being successful, I will let you know at the end of the year!

No comments: