Saturday, December 6, 2008

Getting ready....

Preparations have begun for my "rest of the year" push to get a rather lengthy to do list done by January 5. I started by canceling a few meetings that really could wait until January. But then I added two more meetings so I guess I am not really ahead of the game yet!

I am though, headed off today to Chicago to present half of a report to a congregation on the health of their church. Don't worry - there is someone else delivering the other half.

As I was getting ready this morning I was thinking about all of the things that have transpired to help me with this presentation. Not just for this particular church but for the last few months I have been "prepping" and getting "prepped" to do this type of presentation. The thought I had this morning was that I haven't been "getting ready" all on my own.

There is team of people that have helped me to do what I need to do in order to be ready to deliver this work to our client. I am thankful and blessed for the work these people do. They have talent and skill that impress me with each and every interaction.

Coach John Wooden writes, "Be sure you acknowledge and give credit to a teammate who hits you with a scoring pass or for any fine play he may make."

In my case the entire team deserves a big thank you from me for the work that they have done...to help me be better.

Who in your organization helps you score big?
How have you thanked and acknowledged them today?

No comments: